Grace Presbyterian Church Welcomes All
- We are Living and giving in the Tice Valley – now for more than 64 years and counting.
- We are your neighbors and our sense of community is strong. Our congregation is friendly and welcoming of newcomers.
- We are an extended family—nurturing seniors, families, and individuals from all walks of life.
- We share our faith—in a comfortable, open manner with positive theology that celebrates Christ’s love.
- We reach out to others—supporting local and global missions, promoting interfaith conversation and social justice.
We welcome and celebrate all who join us—the young and the old, the rich and the poor, the gay and the straight, the strong and the weak, the meek and the brave—and though we are different one from another, we are united in loving and praising God and in loving each other.
Guided by the Holy Spirit, with open minds and hearts, we celebrate and share the love of Jesus Christ, and are instruments of God’s grace, and peace. Click here to view the Mission Booklet.
A Brief History
Grace Presbyterian Church was founded in 1958 to serve the growing population of Walnut Creek. Retired founding pastor, the Rev. Robert Williams, served the church as Pastor Emeritus before passing away in 2021. Retired Associate Pastor, Charie Reid also serves as Pastor Emerita. The second Senior Pastor, the Rev. Roger Reaber retired in 2018. Our third Senior Pastor, the Rev. Mark Burnham, began his tenure in April 2020 in the midst of the global pandemic crisis. In response to this crisis Grace offers our first ever on-line worship experience.
Today the church continues to serve the Tice Valley, other local communities and global mission efforts. All are welcome to worship and to join us for a special activity at the Church. We are known for our friendly and welcoming congregation and we hope you will feel at home here.